What is Fiverr?
Before I detail how to make money on Fiverr, I must let you know exactly what Fiverr is.
Fiverr is a platform where you can buy digital services for $5. In the same respect, you can sell your services online for $5.
For example, if you need a logo, you can get one for $5. But, if you are a graphic designer, you can sell simple logos for $5.
Or, you might need content for your blog or website, you can get some for $5. However, if you are a writer, you can sell original content for $5.
Perhaps you want a model to hold a written sign of your choice or a video testimony from an Englishman.
These services and many more are available for $5 and the options for services you can sell are endless.
How To Make Money On Fiverr
For someone looking to make some quick and easy money, nothing compares to Fiverr.
You can set up a Fiverr gig in less than 10 minutes.
Fiverr gigs are as simple as they are valuable. For example, someone will happily pay $5 for 2-3 blog comments on their latest post.
You can set up a gig and start blog commenting right away. However, a gig this valuable could easily transition into a business that helps bloggers rank in google.
Using the blog commenting gig as an example, you’ll learn in 5 steps how Fiverr can start your business.
Step One: Research
Make your account on Fiverr.com.
Once you sign up, your answer to “how to make money on Fiverr,” is clear as day. You’ll quickly see, your account doubles as an account to buy and an account to sell from. This is proof that anyone can figure out how to make money on Fiverr from the gate.
Before you set up a gig, use the search bar to type in, “blog comments.”
Spend some time going through each gig to see what people are offering for $5. Doing this will give you the inspiration you need for step 2.
- Make sure your profile has a picture. Putting a face to your services is an indication you are serious and active.
- Fill out the bio and understand that you are a valuable member of the Fiverr community. Let them know you are human, friendly, and your gigs satisfy your desire to help.
- Use good grammar.
Step 2: Set Up Your First Gig
Your account is ready and you did your research. Now, you are ready to set up your own blog commenting gig.
In step 1, you should have came across gigs in the blog commenting niche that inspired you.
Or, you may have came across a gig that you are confident you can do better than.
You may have came across a gig that you can model.
Take your findings from the research phase (whatever they are) and create a blog commenting gig for yourself.
- Gigs with pictures do better than gigs without. Gigs with video do better than gigs with pictures.
- When you are describing your gig, be friendly and confident that you can help. Showcase your ability to write and be engaging.
- Comments are extremely valuable to bloggers as engagement is a factor for ranking in Google. They really need them.
Step 3: Build A Website
A lot of people stop at setting up their gig. Without actively promoting your gig, you will have to rely on the integrity of the Fiverr search bar.
The goal is when someone is on Fiverr searching for blog comments they find you first.
The best way to make sure of this is by advertising your gig.
Most people advertise on Twitter and to their friends and family on Facebook. This works, but only for a short period of time and maybe not at all. If your followers and friends aren’t bloggers, writers, or site developers, then this strategy will be a waste of time.
Building a site to promote your Fiverr gig is not just effective, but it’s a game changer.
Do you know how easy it is to build a website? It’s easier than creating a Power Point or a Key Note. There are sites like Word Press, Weebly, and Wix. I’ve built sites using all of these platforms with my favorite being Site Rubix.
You can build a website in the same amount of time it took you to set up your Fiverr gig.
- Websites are like a piece of land. Whatever you put on it increases it’s value.
- Think of a name for your site. The name has to reflect your ability to help and support people who are trying to make money from blogging.
- Plug some ideas for the name of your website into this Site Rubix tool to see if it is available. If so, you can start building your site for free.
Step 4: Drive Traffic To Your Fiverr Gig Using Your Website
If you took action in Step 3, then you have way more than a website. Actually, you have 2 websites on the Site Rubix platform and access to Wealthy Affiliate.
With a Fiverr gig and a website, the potential to significantly supplement your income is easily obtainable. However, just like a traditional business, no website can succeed without support. For that reason, access to the Wealthy Affiliate platform is the most valuable part of what you are building. Here are a few highlights of what you’ll get out of Wealthy Affiliate
- You have access to an Online Entrepreneur Certification Course that has 10 modules and actionable tasks. For example, you will learn
- How to build a website
- Create valuable content
- How to rank in Google so people can find you
- For the first 6 days, as a tease, you have access to pretty much the entire platform.
- Members of Wealthy Affiliate get points for helping other members with questions that they ask. 24/7 support is far from an exaggeration.
- Direct access to me where I spend hours helping entrepreneurs. (Here is a link to my profile.)
If you do not know how to drive traffic, then no one will see your services. As valuable as a blog commenting gig is, you want to come across as professional as you can. By doing so, you will completely obliterate your competition.
Unfortunately, you do not have access to the training modules that will specifically teach you how to drive traffic. However, you will learn how to create content that will do the trick. Valuable content is a traffic generation method no matter what anyone says. You will learn that in depth by lesson 7.
These tips are for if you took action in Step 3 and built your website or you have an existing blog or website.
- Start your Online Entrepreneur Certification Course.
- After you have done your “About Page” and set your site up as instructed, create your first post highlighting your Fiverr Gig.
- Share your post on all of your social networks, blogging forums, and Instagram. (Here is a video that will show you how to promote a blog post on Instagram, for the win-win.)
- Thank me later
Step 5: Believe In Yourself
Ask yourself – would she spend her day off pulling this post together if it wasn’t true?
No. Absolutely not.
A simple blog commenting gig on Fiverr only requires you know how to read with comprehension and express your point.
Building a website is easy, regardless of the platform, but with a network of supporters and training it becomes even easier.
You do not need any money.
These 5 steps cost you time. Thankfully, with the wealth of resources and support on Wealthy Affiliate, consider it time well spent.
I say all of this to say, you can do it.
- Millennials excel as entrepreneurs so do not allow yourself to think otherwise.
- Be as confident and entitled as they say you are because this is easy and it will work.
The Millennial’s Take
Most time when a blog post says they are going to show you how to make money on Fiverr or make money online, there is a story.
The writer spends 700 words telling you why this is something you should definitely get into, but when it comes time for action it’s either generic or not as clear as it can be.
I, on the other hand, spent over 1250 words telling you exactly what to do. Each of the steps is insanely valuable and they are mine. This is the system I use when I learned how to make money on Fiverr years ago.
I failed to mention that making money online is not a get-rich-quick scheme. While you will learn that a blog commenting gig is high in demand, creating a sustainable income online takes time. People who go through Wealthy Affiliate training, which I’ve given you access to, are able to accomplish this goal quicker than people who go it alone.
Having a network of people doing the same exact thing as you will keep discouragement at bay as you build your business and establish yourself as an authority.
I Need Your Help, Now
You think I am kidding? Nope! I am serious. Really, I need your help.
I need for you to help me help you by giving me an opportunity to answer your questions or respond to your feedback.
Do you have any questions or do you want to give me some feedback? It would be an honor to hear from you. Just like when we were in school, no question is stupid or silly.
There are a lot of people who can make extra money online and need extra money. However, they are unsure how to go about it. Of them, are those who tried to make money online and it didn’t work. They may have lost money or time. I was there and I never came across someone like me that was willing to bear all.
On Quora, I answer questions all day long and compared to other experts, I tell everything. Therefore, take advantage and leave me with a question that I can answer so we both can feel good about ourselves.
By the way, any action you’ve already taken on this page is EPIC.
You are awesome for reading.